The course requirements for the program are not predetermined, but rather formulated by the student in consultation with the UMKC doctoral faculty who will serve on their supervisory committee, to meet the student’s individual needs and research interests, satisfy discipline-specific requirements and assure upon graduation students are able to :
- Demonstrate appropriate depth and breadth of knowledge in their disciplines
- Use skills of interdisciplinary scholarship and research to integrate multiple perspectives
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Effectively communicate results of their research to diverse audiences
- Understand and value diverse approaches to problems
- Use self-reflection for personal and professional improvement
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a thorough degree of knowledge in the primary discipline and co-discipline.
- Students will demonstrate interdisciplinarity in their writing by integrating methods, theories, paradigms, concepts, etc. from more than one discipline.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to use proper investigation techniques for their chosen disciplines.
- Students will effectively use oral and written forms of communication to convey their ideas.