- Understand and apply educational research in health professions education.
- Design evidence-based educational programs and materials with appropriate scope, sequence, and focus for learners.
- Deliver effective, theory-based instruction in large group, small group and clinical settings.
- Effectively use assessment tools to reflect student progress and to promote student learning.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs, curricula and instructional events.
- Provide reflective and evidence-based leadership.
- Develop cultural awareness and commitment to diversity as linked to practice in all aspects of health professions education.
- Contribute to excellence in health professions education and advancement of the health professions education community.