- Dr. David Sharp (M.A. ’99, Ed.S. ’03) has been named assistant superintendent in Lee’s Summit (Mo.) as of July 1. http://bit.ly/2nDVNGx
- Bruce Copeland (M.A. ’01) serves as director of business development for Cardinal Health Regulatory Sciences of the Midwest and Southeast and recently was installed as a board member at BioKansas.
- Dr. Bryan Williams (M.A. ’01, Ed.S. ’04) of Spring Branch (Tx) Middle School was named Secondary Principal of the Year. http://sbisdsnapshots.blogspot.com/2017/02/sbisd-principals-of-year-named.html?m=1
- Dr. Kerri Evans (M.A. ’02) has been named principal of under-construction Swift Creek Elementary School of Johnston County (NC) Schools, effective mid-March.
- Jerad Green (M.A. ’15) is now an education specialist for the Office for Diversity and Inclusion in the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
- Kansas City Public Schools alumnus Harrison Neal (‘B.A. ’11, M.A. ’14) is in his first year as principal of Benjamin Banneker Elementary School.
- Jeff Blackford (Ed.D., ’16) has been named superintendent for Nodaway-Holt School District, effective July 1.
- Katrin Gubser Sweeney (M.A. ’16) was elected as secretary of the Kansas Counseling Association and president of the Multicultural Division.
- Barbara R. Grayson, Esq. (B.A., ‘98) has been elected as a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) in recognition of her professional accomplishments. Read more.
We’re eager to hear from you! Please join the official UMKC alumni community or contact us directly at 816-235-6173.
SOE Alumni Achievement Award Recipients
|2016||Harlan Brownlee (M.A. '04)|
|2015||Larry Long (Ph.D., '97)
|2014||Rodney Watson (Ed.S. ’00, Ph.D. ’07)
|2013||Dorothy Watson (’64)|
|2012||Suzanne McCanles (’97)
|2012||Yvonne S. Wilson (’76)|
|2011||Steve L. Obenhaus (’88)|