On May 14, the School of Education awarded degrees to its class of 2016, including 18 certificates, 44 bachelor’s degrees, 91 master’s degrees, 11 educational specialist degrees and four doctoral degrees. Rodney Watson (Ed.S. ’00, Ph.D. ’07), superintendent of Spring (Tx.) Independent School District, served as commencement speaker. View the slide show, below, to relive the day’s events.
While some of the newest graduates will be continuing their education at the UMKC School of Education or elsewhere in the coming months, some are well on their way to fulfilling careers, including:
- Teachers and counselors in public and charter schools in the Kansas City Metropolitan area; Butler, Missouri; Leavenworth and Topeka, Kansas; and Weston, Missouri
- Therapists in private practice
- School district central office administrators
- Assistant principal, instructional coach and superintendent in Kansas and Missouri schools/districts
- Enrollment advisors at Baker University and UMKC