UMKC Community Counseling and Assessment Services (CCAS) offers a variety of counseling, guidance, and assessment services to the Greater Kansas City Community.
Available services include:
- Individual Counseling
- Couples & Family Counseling
- Testing and Assessment – CCAS Assessment Center
- Empowerment Program
Service Fees are determined using a sliding scale fee structure based on yearly household income and the number of people living in the client’s household. In 2014, the average fee per counseling session was around $18.
The Empowerment Program currently offers free mental health services and psycho-educational home visits for refugee and immigrant women and their families through CCAS.
For additional fee information and to make an appointment, please contact the CCAS Office at 816-235-2725.
Choosing to receive counseling, guidance, or assessment services from CCAS includes many advantages such as:
- Professional, Quality Care
- Among the Lowest Sliding Scale Fees in the Greater Kansas City Area
- A Convenient Central Location on the UMKC Volker Campus near the Kansas City Plaza
- Convenient Hours, Including Evening Hours
- Handicap Accessible
CCAS is a non-profit agency and can always use monetary donations to ensure that our sliding-scale services can continue to be offered. If you are interested in making a donation, please contact Dr. Julie Kohlhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.