The eMINTS National Center is a non-profit organization that has provided comprehensive research-based professional development services to educators since 1999. It is a business unit within the University of Missouri partnered with the Missouri Departments of Elementary and Secondary Education and Higher Education. eMINTS began in Missouri – its name an acronym for the project enhancing Missouri’s Instructional Networked Teaching Strategies. Today eMINTS can be found in classrooms across the United States and in New South Wales, Australia.
eMINTS professional development uses interactive group sessions and in-classroom coaching/mentoring to help teachers integrate technology into their teaching using an instructional model that
- supports high-quality lesson design
- promotes inquiry-based learning
- creates technology-rich learning environments
- builds community among students and teachers
SUMMER 2017 Courses
Courses run June 14th-July 19th
- EDCP 5317-0001 (33352) Introduction to Computational Thinking
- EDCP 5318-0001 (33378) Fostering Creativity and Innovation in the K-12 Classroom with Design Thinking
- EDCP 5320-0001 (33389) Online Tools for Digital Age Learning
- EDCP 5319-0001 (33388) Chromebooks in the Classroom
- EDCP 5306-0001 (33348) Going Visual: Using and Creating Infographics for Learning
- EDCP 5311-0001 (33350) Differentiating Instruction: Empowering All Learners
Sign up for graduate credit at UMKC
Step 1: Before you register for graduate credit at UMKC you MUST register for and enroll in your course with e-Learning and pay your course fee to e-Learning for Educators.
Step 3: You must be admitted to the University, visit the Admissions page to apply.
Step 4: After you are admitted, you may enroll in an e-Learning course via Pathway. For detailed enrollment directions, see the PGC Course Enrollment Directions under Resources.
***University Policy states there is a $50.00 late enrollment fee added if you are not enrolled by the first day of class.
Step 5: Once admitted and enrolled, send an e-mail to your course instructor and to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the institution with which you’re enrolled.
Learn more about UMKC Online by visiting online.umkc.edu
Each state has different regulations and approval processes for online programs and degrees offered by colleges and universities outside their state. Please check the State Authorization page for more information.