Positive Behavior Supports is a systematic approach to teaching students social competence while creating a safe, orderly, and respectful learning environment. It is based on the following principles:
- Students must be taught behavioral expectations
- Students need to be acknowledged as they learn new social skills
- Some students need additional support
- Punishment oriented discipline plans have harmful effects on students and schools
- Data is used to create targeted interventions
For information about Missouri SW-PBS, click the following links:
To learn more about SW-PBS and how to become a SW-PBS school, contact these consultants at the KCRPDC:
Tier I Consultants
|Teresa Tulipana, Ed.D.
|Jeff Freeland, Ed.S.
Tier II and Tier III Consultants
|Kelly (Vines) Nash