- M.S. Counselor Education, Emporia State University (1984).
- Multicultural counseling, the development of cultural competencies, and social justice initiatives
- The elimination of barriers to student achievement through school counseling
- The development of resilience in students and strengths based counseling
- The implementation of Comprehensive Guidance Programs throughout all schools
- Data supported advocacy for school counseling programs
- Woodard, D.J. (2014, November). Ramp up your school counseling program. Four roundtable presentations delivered at the Missouri school counselor association convention. Osage Beach, MO.
- Woodard, D.J. (2014, November). The v8 engine: The revised asca national model. Presentation delivered at the Missouri school counselor association convention. Osage Beach, MO.
- Woodard, D.J. (2014, September). Creating a positive school climate for all: Supporting lgbtqia students and their families, teachers, and administrators. Workshop delivered for all school counselors in the KCK public schools during professional development. Kansas City, KS.
- Bunch, L., Gysbers, N., Stanley, B.& Woodard, D.J. (2014, June). A collaborative triumvirate: How Missouri works together to support school counselors. Panel presentation delivered at the ASCA school counselor association national convention. Orlando, FL.