- Ph.D. Curriculum, Teaching and Learning; Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto
- Master of Education; Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Education: Specialization in Elementary and Secondary English as a Second Language (ESL); McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Curriculum, diversity, urban education, cross-cultural teaching and learning, classroom management, and narrative inquiry
- Schlein, C., Chan, E., & Ross, V. (2015). Organization stories, stories of an organization: A narrative inquiry into a curriculum and teaching community. Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue, 17(2), TBA.
- Taft, R., Ramsay, C., & Schlein, C. (2015) Home and school experiences of caring for children with reactive attachment disorder. Journal of Ethnographic and Qualitative Research, 9(3), 237–246.
- Schlein, C., Taft, R., & Tucker–Blackwell, V. (2013). Teachers’ experiences with classroom management and children diagnosed with emotional behavioral disorder. Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue, 15(1), 133–146.
- Schlein, C. (2012). Temporal inquiry horizons: Valuing new scholarship. Canadian Journal for New Scholars in Education, 4(1), 1–6.
- Schlein, C., & Chan, E. (2012) Examining students’ experiences as a foundation for multicultural curriculum development. Journal of Curriculum Theorizing, 28(2), 126–139.
- Conference Historian, American Educational Research Association, Division B Curriculum Studies
- Conference Historian, American Association for Teaching and Curriculum
- Senior Review Editor, The Canadian Journal for New Scholars in Education