Assistant Professor, Urban Teacher Education/Language & Literacy
- Ph.D. The University of South Carolina
- Critical race and critical sociocultural theories, early literacy teacher education, culturally responsive, high-leverage literacy teaching practices for early literacy preservice and inservice teacher education.
- Nash, K. T. & Miller, E. T. (2015). Reifying and resisting racism from early childhood to young adulthood: Implications for early childhood education. The Urban Review, 47, (1), 184-208.
- Nash, K.T. (2015). White discourse about brown children. Perspectives and Provocations 3(3), 49-61.
- Nash, K. T. & Waddell, L. (2015). Bringing the best of themselves: Teacher education and the African American student. African American Learners, 4(1).
- Nash, K. T. (2013). Everyone sees color: Toward a transformative framework of early literacy teacher education. Journal of Transformative Education, 11(3), 151-169.
Selected Professional Activities
- 2012-Present: Chair, Publications Committee: Early Childhood Education Assembly/National Council of Teachers of English
Funded Research Projects
- 2015-2016 Literacy Teaching as an Interpretive Process in Urban Schools (with Drs. Warner, Atiles, McHatton-Alvarez, & Hollins)