- Ph. D. (2010) Special Education, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- M.A. (2003) Special Education, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
- B.A. (1991) Biology, Metropolitan State College, Denver, CO
- Investigating the experiences of parents of children with reactive attachment disorder with the general education system and perspectives and attitudes of urban general education teachers towards students with EBD in their classrooms.
- Taft, R. J., Ramsay, C., & Schlein, C. (2015). Home and school experiences of caring for children with reactive attachment disorder. Journal of Ethnographic and Qualitative Research, 9, 237-246.
- Mason, L.H. and Meadan, H., Hedin, L. & Taft, R. J. (2013). Self-regulating reading comprehension: Perceptions of students who struggle with reading. Exceptionalities, 21, 69-86.
- Schlein, C., Taft, R. J., & Blackwell, V. T. (2013). Teachers’ experiences of classroom management with children diagnosed with emotional behavioral disorder. Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue, 15, 133-146.
- Taft, R. J., Ramsay, C., & Schlein, C. (November, 2015). Collaboration between Families of Children with Reactive Attachment Disorder and the Public School System. Teacher Education Division of the Council for Exceptional Children Conference. Phoenix, AZ.
- Taft, R. J., Ramsay, C., & Schlein, C. (September, 2015). Parents of Children with Reactive Attachment Disorder: Investigating the Quality of School and Family Partnerships.
Council for Children with Behavior Disorders Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Taft, R. J. (April, 2015). Discussant for the Paper Session titled, Experience and Interaction in Classroom Management. American Educational Research Association, Chicago, IL.
- Taft, R. J., Ramsay, C. & Blackwell, V. T. (February, 2014). Parents of Children with Reactive Attachment Disorder: In Their Own Words. Ethnographic and Qualitative Research Conference, Las Vegas, NV.