Associate Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Director, Preparing Future Faculty Program
Associate Professor of Educational Leadership, Policy & Foundations
- Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Urban Leadership and Policy Studies in Education and Curriculum & Instructional Leadership, University of Missouri-Kansas City (2004).
- Caruthers, L., & Friend, J. (2016). Great expectations: What kids want from our urban public schools. Foreword by Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Friend, J., & Caruthers, L. (2016, May). Documentary film: The next step in qualitative research to illuminate issues of social justice in urban education. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research, 15(6), 33-47.
- Friend, J., & Militello, M. (2014). Lights, camera, action: Advancing learning, research, and program evaluation through video production in educational leadership preparation. Journal of Research on Leadership Education, 10(2), 81-103.
- Professional Website:http://jenniferfriend.weebly.com/