If you are being recommended in Missouri for certification you will need to establish a profile on the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) website. If you hold a substitute teaching license or hold another certification, this process may already be complete. If not, please follow the instructions below to establish the profile you will have your entire career in Missouri.
Profile Creation Steps:
- Start by going to: https://dese.mo.gov/ Make sure to turn off pop-up blockers for this website.
- In the middle of the page click on “Web Applications“.
- If this is your first time click on “Register“. If you already created a profile, but don’t remember your username and/or password click on “Forgot Username/Password?“.
- Fill the information accordingly (first name, last name, birth date, etc.)
- Once you choose a User Name and Password make sure to write them down and keep them in a safe place. This will be the information you will use throughout your career.
- Once you are finished, click “Create User“.
- Click “Continue“.
- Enter your User Name and Password, click “Login“.
- On the “User Applications” look for “Educator Certification System” under the “Office of Educator Quality“.
- Click “Submit“.
- Click “Close“.
- Click the subcategory of “Office of Educator Quality” then “Licensure“.
- Now you will be able to edit your profile.
- Fill in all personal information and contact information.
- Click “Save Profile” once completed.
- Click “Add“.
- Fill in all institutions you have attended. If you can’t remember exact attendance dates, use the a date that you think you started and stopped attending. If you are graduating from UMKC this semester, check the academic calendar for the day grades will be posted.
Please Note: If you completed an FBI background check and/or the Missouri Content Assessment (MoCA), those items will not appear immediately show up in your profile. Please allow 24-48 hours to link your profile with those results. If your information has not been linked just wait until UMKC recommends you for certification. The Certification Manager or DESE will contact with instructions to link all your information together.