The HESA mission is to further the understanding of the purpose and practice of higher education. Student members meet regularly throughout the semester to discuss issues, provide opportunities to explore various areas of higher education, professional development and socialize with faculty and students in the higher education program.
The purpose of the organization shall be to serve the specific and current needs of students enrolled or interested in Higher Education Administration at the University of Missouri – Kansas City by:
- Creating community among higher education administration students, faculty and alumni;
- Providing a forum for the exchange of ideas on current issues in higher education;
- Providing opportunities for professional and personal development for members;
- Offering professional experiences in conference participation, planning and organization
- Networking with other Higher Education Student Associations;
- Assisting in the professional advancement of members.
Spring 2017 HESA Events
School of Education Commencement Ceremony: Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 10 am – Swinney Recreation Center