Student Grievance Procedure

At the School of Education, one of our core values is Creating caring and safe environments.  While we strive to live by this, we also realize that we’re not perfect and, though we work to improve our service to students, sometimes issues arise.

If you experience any coursework or instructor-related issue that is of concern to you at any time, you have options for addressing the issue.

In order, please speak with the:

  1. Professor or instructor
  2. Appropriate Division Chair
  3. Dean’s Office

If you feel the problem is discrimination related, UMKC has a general procedure available to you.  If the problem is related to a grade you received, please see the SOE grade grievance policy.

The UMKC office of Student Affairs is also available for assistance.