The UMKC School of Education welcomes all transfer students and career changers interested in pursuing their teacher certification. You can schedule a campus visit through the UMKC Welcome Center by clicking here. When you complete this form you can indicate that you would like to meet with an academic advisor.
Before meeting with with an academic advisor, we recommend the following steps:
1) Check our minimum academic requirements listed below:
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Completed coursework must be from a regionally accredited institution
2) If you meet the requirements, fill out the transcript evaluation form on this page below.
3) Our advisors review transcripts to determine how courses will transfer and meet our program requirements *Please note that although many colleges require a fee for this service UMKC does not – it is free! It may take us a couple weeks to carefully review your transcripts, especially during peak times when we receive a high volume of transcripts.
4) Be ready for a phone call from Student Services to schedule an advising appointment to review your transcript evaluation
- NOTE: If you are an international student wanting to pursue your teaching credentials at UMKC, your transcripts must be reviewed by a DESE-approved credentialing agency prior to our transcript evaluation. Here is a list of DESE-approved credentialing agencies. Once you receive the agency’s report, please complete the form below.