The Educational Doctorate (Ed.D.) in PK-12 Educational Administration program is designed to expand the content competencies and applied leadership skills of candidates in educational leadership careers in elementary, middle, and secondary school settings, as well as in central office
Ed.D. in PK-12 Education Administration
Curriculum focuses on current and future educational challenges to enhance the knowledge and skill development of public school leaders in their positions, incorporating strategic planning, collaborative problem solving, interpersonal and inter-group functioning, technological proficiency, and effective communication.
This program admits a cohort of students every other Spring semester. The next cohort will begin Spring 2022. All application materials are due on or before November15, 2021.
Degree Requirements and Documents:
Visit the ELPF resources page for more information about this degree, including degree requirements that are found in the handbook. The button on the sidebar has the resources referred to here.
This program admits a cohort of students every other Spring semester. The next cohort will begin Spring 2020. All application materials are due on or before October 15, 2019.
Loyce Caruthers, Ph.D.
339 Education Building
Visit the UMKC Catalog for admissions requirements.
The online graduate application and the official transcripts will need to be sent directly to the UMKC Admissions Office. All other supplemental application materials should be sent to:
ELPF Division Office
615 E. 52nd St., Suite #328
Applications for the Spring 2022 semester must be completed and received no later than November 15, 2021. Application materials submitted to two separate offices on campus: 1) The UMKC Admissions Office, AND 2) Division of Educational Leadership, Policy and Foundation’s office.
Materials to be sent to the UMKC Admissions Office
- UMKC Application for Admission* (online at http://www.umkc.edu/admissions/)
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
UMKC Office of Admissions University of Missouri – Kansas City 5100 Rockhill Road, AC #120 Kansas City, MO 64110-2499
Materials to be sent to the ELPF Doctoral Admission Committee
- Curriculum Vita/Resume
- Personal Information (address, phone, e-mail)
- Employment history & educational background
- Relevant research experiences & volunteer work
- Presentations, Publications, Honors or Awards
- Membership/Leadership in professional organizations
- Three letters of recommendation from raters who know you professionally or in academic settings (They cannot be friends or relatives)
- Evaluators should address your suitability for doctoral level studies, interpersonal skills and other information relating to your professional or academic performance.
- Letters of recommendation should be on official letterhead.
- Letters may be sent using a pdf file to Loyce Caruthers (firstname.lastname@example.org); mailed or hand delivered to our office. If mailed, send to Loyce Caruthers to the address below.
- Autobiographical statement
- Submit a concise (two to three pages) statement concerning the following: Your professional goals and interests, including your research knowledge and experiences, and how the doctorate degree may result in achieving your goals.
- Academic writing sample reflecting a high proficiency in academic writing.
- Sample may be a previous course paper, a chapter from a thesis, published article, etc. Please send copies, as documents will not be returned.
Note: If you have completed your masters or specialist degrees in Education Administration at UMKC within the past five years, do not have to submit new letters of recommendation. Some of the other documents may be in your files, and you may not have to submit them again.
Please send copies or email pdf files to Loyce Caruthers, as documents will not be returned.
Attn: Loyce Caruthers
Educational Doctorate Admissions Committee, Division of Educational Leadership, Policy & Foundations University of Missouri – Kansas City
615 E. 52nd St., Suite #328 Kansas City, MO 64110