Take advantage of the interdisciplinary functions offered by the School of Graduate Studies and deepen your approach to education and leadership.
I.Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, Policy and Foundations
The Interdisciplinary Ph.D. (I.Ph.D.) degree in Educational Leadership, Policy and Foundations (ELPF) is administered through the UMKC School of Graduate Studies. Suggested compatible co-disciplines include:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Public Affairs and Administration
- History, Economics
- Political Science
- the Social Science Consortium, and Sociology
Students with ELPF as the primary discipline must pass a comprehensive examination including both the primary discipline and the co-discipline areas. The student will be required to take and completed 12 hours of coursework that provides extensive preparation in research methodologies relevant to her/his professional goals and intended dissertation project.
- PK-12 Administration
- Higher Education Administration
- Foundations of Education
How to Enroll
- Visit UMKC’s Catalog for admissions requirements.
- This program admits a cohort of students every Fall semester. All application materials are due on (or before) February 15 each year for admission during the following Fall semester.
- The online graduate application and the official transcripts will need to be sent directly to the UMKC Admissions Office. All other supplemental application materials should be sent to:
ELPF Division Office
615 E. 52nd St., Suite #328
Kansas City, MO 64110