Date(s) - 02/28/20
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
UMKC at Union Station
This workshop will focus on the Data and Statistical Analysis Missouri Learning Standards. Participants will experience and participate in a number of activities and lessons they can take back to their classrooms, as well as gain a greater understanding of the alignment of the standards across the grade levels.
Some of the topics include:
- What are some fun, easy and interesting ways to gather data and then what do I do with it?
- What is a valid sample and what isn’t, and how can I tell the difference?
- How can I tell what the center is? How do I explain standard deviation?
- Two-way tables – their joys and woes
- Plots, charts, and tables – revealing the truth or promoting a lie?
- Categorical vs Quantitiative and why I care.
- Trend lines and other patterns in bivariate data.
- How can technology help?
- When does correlation prove causation?
- The language of statistics.
- Inexpensive, easy tools of the trade.