Date(s) - 09/17/19
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
UMKC at Union Station
The Missouri Leadership Development System (MLDS) is a continuum of learning and supports provided to school leaders from aspiring to retiring. In addition to content available for aspiring school leaders, five levels of support comprise MLDS: Emerging Year 1, Emerging Year 2, Developing Year 1, Developing Year 2 and Transformational Leadership. School leaders will want to invest in their own professional development by attending each level of training.
The Missouri Leadership Development System (MLDS) Developing Year 1 provides principals:
- A continuum of training and support through research based learning experiences that can be completed as a series or individually selected
- Opportunities to develop formal and informal professional networks
Developing Year 1 Regional Meeting 1 focuses on Culture and Communication. Participants will:
- Explore extraordinary constituent groups
- Learn best practices for communicating through print, visuals and social media
- Develop skills for consensus decision making
It is recommended that school leaders invest in their own professional development by attending all four Developing Year 1 trainings: Culture and Communication; Managing Change and Developing Habits; Next Level Coaching; and Hiring and Retaining Quality Staff. Sign up for each individually.