Date(s) - 11/14/19
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
UMKC at Union Station
Description, including WHY/importance of the content, objectives and/or outcomes: Offered previously, please duplicate (if applicable): The Missouri Leadership Development System (MLDS) is a continuum of learning and supports provided to school leaders from aspiring to retiring. In addition to content available for aspiring school leaders, five levels of support comprise MLDS: Emerging Year 1, Emerging Year 2, Developing Year 1, Developing Year 2 and Transformational Leadership. School leaders will want to invest in their own professional development by attending each level of training.
The Missouri Leadership Development System (MLDS) Developing Year 2 provides principals:
- A continuum of training and support through research based learning experiences that can be completed as a series or individually selected
- Opportunities to develop formal and informal professional networks
Developing Year 2 Regional Meeting 2 focuses on Excellence in Instructional Leadership. Participants will:
- Develop a common professional language
- Explore key lesson planning; a strategy for improving lessons before they exist
- Prepare for ongoing effective instructional leadership
It is recommended that school leaders invest in their own professional development by attending all four Developing Year 2 trainings: Understanding Your Influence; Excellence in Instructional Leadership; Teaching Studies; and Keys to Continued Professional Growth. Sign up for each individually.