Date(s) - 12/12/19
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
UMKC at Union Station
What are the Outcomes?
Participants of the Missouri Equity Lab will:
- understand the new requirements under ESSA for calculating and reporting Disproportionate Rates of Access to inexperienced, out-of- field and ineffective teachers;
- understand new requirements for reporting strategies to DESE on addressing disproportionate rates;
- have a greater understanding of data at the state and local level that indicate areas of inequity;
- explore multiple concepts related to the difference between an equal and an equitable education; and
- develop actionable next steps to begin ensuring that each student in their district/school have access to excellent educators.
Why Should I Attend?
As implementation of ESSA begins, every district and school will need to know this information in order to be in compliance with the federal law. Make plans today to attend an Equity Lab in your region by contacting your location RPDC or regional service center.