Date(s) - 09/18/19
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
UMKC at Union Station
By Invitation Only
Regional Emerging Phase
Missouri Schoolwide Positive Behavior Supports (MO SW-PBS) will host a series of workshops designed for Emerging/Implementation Phase school teams. Content will emphasize deeper understanding and implementation of the Essential Components of SW-PBS, implementation of effective classroom practices, and the use of data for quality decision-making. For current SW-PBS Emerging/Implementation Phase schools only.
- Apply the Science of Behavior to essential SW-PBS concepts.
- Develop a plan for successful implementation with staff, students and families.
- Increase student time on task through the use of active supervision.
- Increase student engagement through increased opportunities to respond.
- Selectively use activity sequencing and choice to maintain student engagement.
- Use informal teaching strategies that incorporate monitoring, pre-correction, and re-teaching.
- Monitor staff’s use of encouragement strategies with students.
- Develop an annual plan for the ongoing teaching of expectations.