- M.S. Counselor Education, Emporia State University (1984).
- Multicultural counseling, the development of cultural competencies, and social justice initiatives
- The elimination of barriers to student achievement through school counseling
- The development of resilience in students and strengths based counseling
- The implementation of Comprehensive Guidance Programs throughout all schools
- Data supported advocacy for school counseling programs
- Woodard, D.J. & Beech, S. (2017, July). Creating equity for transgender and gender non-conforming youth through policy change and professional development. Presentation delivered at the school counselor association national convention. Denver, CO.
- Woodard, DJ & Beech, S. (2017, June) Working with Gender Non-Conforming and Transgender Youth: Training and Policy Development Presentation delivered at the Kansas School Counseling Camp, Manhattan, KS.
- Woodard, DJ & Owens, D. (2017, June) Supporting Diverse Students and Educators for School lmprovement. Presentation delivered at the Kansas School Counseling Camp, Manhattan, KS.
- Woodard, D.J. & Todd, T. ( 2017, July) Utilizing action research data to create systemic change for underserved populations. Presentation to be delivered at the ASCA National Conference, Denver, CO.