Division of Educational Leadership, Policy & Foundations – Professor & Program Coordinator
- Ph.D. Urban Leadership & Policy Studies in Education, University of Missouri – Kansas City
- Ed.S. Educational Administration, University of Missouri – Kansas City
- M.A.Public Administration, University of Missouri – Kansas City
- B.A. Elementary Education/History, University of Missouri – Kansas City
- Race, class, and gender, school desegregation, social context of schools, urban education, narrative studies (storytelling), preparation of school leaders, and feminist studies
Presentations, Publications & Grants
- McCarther, S. M., Davis, D. M., & Caruthers, L. (2012). A Place Called Homecoming: Memories of Celebration and Tradition by Successful African-American Graduates of Lincoln University in Missouri from 1935 to 1945. Educational Foundations, 26(3), 7-32.
- Friend, J., Caruthers, L., & McCarther, S. M. (2009). Re-living dangerous memories: online journaling to interrogate spaces of “otherness” in an educational administration program at a Midwestern university. Journal of Research on Leadership Education, 4(2), 1-29.
- Edmonds, C. A., Waddle, J. L., Murphy, C. H., Ozturgut, O., & Caruthers, L. E. (2007). Leading the Learning: What Missouri Principals Say about their Preparation Programs. AASA Journal Of Scholarship & Practice, 3(4), 14-21.