- Ed.D. Foundations: Program Development, Administration, & Evaluation, University of Cincinnati
- Ed.S. Reading Education, University of Missouri – Kansas City
- M.A. Education, University of Missouri – Kansas City
- B.A. Sociology/Early Childhood Education, Wilkes College
- Leadership, Management, and Organizational Development
- Educational Administration
- Instructional Roles in Educational Leadership
- Urban Education / Public Education
Presentations, Publications & Grants
- McCarther, S. M., Davis, D. M., & Caruthers, L. (2012). A Place Called Homecoming: Memories of Celebration and Tradition by Successful African-American Graduates of Lincoln University in Missouri from 1935 to 1945. Educational Foundations, 26(3), 7-32.
- Friend, J., Caruthers, L., & McCarther, S. M. (2009). Re-living dangerous memories: online journaling to interrogate spaces of “otherness” in an educational administration program at a Midwestern university. Journal of Research on Leadership Education, 4(2), 1-29.