Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student in the School of Education, we are here to help you along your journey to your degree.
The SOE Student Services Office advises students who have declared a pre-education major, and those who are seeking admission to a teacher education program. All undergraduate students are required to meet with an academic adviser prior to enrolling in classes each semester.
To schedule an advising appointment:
- Current/Admitted Students: Use your UMKC SSO and password to log in to Connect to see your advisor’s weekly availability and schedule an appointment online. Click here for instructions if you are new to connect.
- Prospective Transfer Students: Visit https://futureroo.umkc.edu/portal/transfer-soe to setup a transfer consultation
- High School Students/First-time College Freshmen: Contact the UMKC Welcome Center to schedule a campus visit!
Graduate students can schedule an appointment with a faculty adviser about available degree options. If you do not know who your adviser is please contact the administrative assistant for your division at the phone number or e-mail below:
- Counseling and Educational Psychology at (816) 235-2492 or email@example.com
- Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies at (816) 235-2245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Educational Leadership, Policy and Foundations at (816) 235-2716 or email@example.com