The School of Education transfer scholarship is available to incoming transfer undergraduate students in our programs. Each $1,000 scholarship is non-renewable. Ten scholarships will be distributed for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Transfer student from any accredited community college or four-year institution
- Must have at least 24 transferable credit hours before attending UMKC
- 3.0 cumulative GPA in all college work attempted, as calculated by UMKC
- Must be working on first bachelor’s degree
- Must have applied or been admitted to UMKC for the Fall 2017 semester
- Must be seeking a UMKC School of Education degree (For a complete list, please visit http://education.umkc.edu/academics)
- Must be planning on enrolling in at least 12 credit hours each semester during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Complete the online scholarship application
- Submit a 500-word essay (see below for questions – can be submitted via online form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ask one reference to send a letter of recommendation directly to email@example.com with the subject line of “Transfer Scholarship Recommendation”.
- Submit all application materials (online application, essay, and one reference form) by May 1, 2017 for priority consideration; applications will be accepted through June 15th if scholarships are still available.
Application should include:
1) A 500 word essay addressing the following:
Why do you want to become an educator? How will this scholarship assist you in your journey to become an educator?
This can be submitted in the space provided on the online application or attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) One recommendation
One recommendations is required. For priority consideration, recommendation forms should be returned to the School of Education no later than May 1, 2017 at 5:00pm. Please use the recommendation form below.
- Ask those who know you well and can write about your academic potential, your career goals, your volunteer and organizational commitments, etc.
- Your reference could be a faculty member or teacher, a counselor, an advisor, an employer, or an organizational leader. They should have direct contact with you, but should not be an immediate relative.
- Give your references plenty of notice so they have time to meet the May 1st deadline.
Instructions for submitting a recommendation form:
Please download the recommendation form PDF below, save it to your computer, and include a digital signature (using Adobe Reader) before sending/giving the form to your references. Or, the form can also be printed, signed, scanned, and e-mailed (or given) to your references. References should e-mail the completed form to email@example.com (preferred method) or the form can also be mailed or faxed to:
UMKC School of Education
5100 Rockhill Road – Education Building 129
Kansas City, MO 64110-2499
OR fax forms to: (816) 235-6544
3) Complete School of Education Scholarship Application